Friday, April 04, 2008


Friday 4th April and Ramona and I are parked at the very far end of the parking lot of the public library in Apache Junction, just outside of Phoenix. It is very quiet the sunset was lovely and I am able to tap into the wifi from the library.

I know I sound like a broken record but it was another great day. I woke up still feeling exhilarated after the day and evening before and with the help of my GPS system (thank you so much Heather and Kirby), of course you remember her name is Sam, after my lovely niece, I programmed in Apache Junction library and never even bothered looking at a map. I turned left when Sam told me to and I turned right when Sam told me to, so easy.

Apache Junction is the start of the Apache Trail leading close to the Superstition Mountains and through Canyon Lake and these were places I wanted to visit.

The first stop was at Lost Dutchman State Park and a hike into the basin of the Superstition Mountains. The hike was quite tough but nowhere like the one of a few days ago and the wild flowers were absolutely incredible!! It was about a 2-hour hike and then I came back and drove onto the Apache Trail and into the Canyon Lake area.

This also was a beautiful drive and a very scenic area. I stopped at a rise overlooking the lake and had strawberries and yoghurt and I do think there may have been a small nap involved!!

This drive was very beautiful and also very popular and the number of motorbikes travelling through amazed me. The big bikes being driven by men and women my age and none of them wearing helmets. Go figure??

I then drove back to the library parking lot where I am hoping I can spend the night, it is very quiet and clear with a magnificent skyline. Tomorrow heading for the Colorado River and the border with California.

Before I close want to tell you how nicely I treated Ramona today. She has had some very hard driving days in hot weather so this morning before I left for the mountains I took her to the spa and she had the full works, oil, filter, massage, no just kidding!! While waiting for her at the oil change place I noticed next door a Mom and Pop RV parts store and went in asked about an outside curtain for the windshield and side windows. I have been looking around for a while for one of these and I know some places custom make them and they are expensive and as usual, it seems, my luck was in, they had one, the last one, in stock. So I tried it on and it fits great and wait for it…..the cost 50 dollars!!!! So now Ramona at night and in the heat of the day looks resplendent in her new white hip hugging slinky new dress!!!!

Have a great weekend……

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...