Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friday 11th April.

Left Vegas around 9am and drove to the Red Rock Canyon Park about a 30 minute drive, the campsite is about 2 kms from the scenic drive and trails, so I came first to the campsite and registered and picked out a site.

I then drove the scenic 13-mile loop around the canyon and stopped and did two hikes of about 3 miles each. This is a completely different canyon here there are huge pine trees growing and fires have ravaged a lot of the vegetation and rock back in 1970. The weather was lovely and it was a great day and hard to imagine all this solitude and stark beauty and yet 30 minutes away is as much a contrast of lifestyles and culture.

The campsite is very quiet and peaceful and I am enjoying thinking about all my travels because this is my last day really, tomorrow I start the journey home.

I left November 23rd amidst cold, rain and howling wind but since then have lived in constant sunshine. I am looking forward to going home, even though I haven’t been able to get a place to stay. I am sure something will turn up and staying at a park in Nanaimo is no hardship. I love the city and think it is the best home base for the summer there is. I look forward to connecting with my great friends again, hearing their stories and seeing how life is going for them. I have already got several soccer games to referee booked, those of you who know me well also know how passionate I am about the game and how much I missed the games, so it will be nice to get back into those right away. I also have to look at buying a small car. My dear friend Ken awaits my arrival so we can increase the profit margin of Tim Horton’s donut shop!!

I do want to thank everyone who has been sending me e mails I look forward to them and this is my only means of communication and I love to see a full inbox. The words of encouragement have kept me centred, focused and my spirit alive, thank you. All those lovely comments about the blog, thanks.

I have planned to get Ramona serviced at the dealership where I bought her in Everett on Thursday so may be home Thursday night, I understand it is poker night Thursday night, my funds are getting low so I may try and make the game and enjoy seeing my poker buddies and fleecing them!!! If not it will be Friday before I make it across the channel to the Island.

Have a great weekend and will post this when I can, blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...