Thursday, March 20, 2008

You haven’t heard this before, I woke up to the first day of spring and it was cool, windy, overcast and raining slightly!! So I went back to bed…..just kidding.

After a leisurely breakfast caught a local bus into down town of Campeche and in the central plaza there was a tourist tram and I took the hour drive around town, which although was interesting was not the best of the tours I have taken.

Campeche is an old city, it was founded in 1542 and to protect it from pirates it was encircled by a wall in 1686. Much of the walls remain and there are two forts on either side of the town.

All the photos are from the tram tour or from the long walk I took around the various sights. First time no blue-sky showing.

It is now 9pm and I am listening to the Vancouver hockey game and happy to report that thanks to my buddy Chris, the Sirius Satellite radio reception that I lost last week has been restored and just in time for my return journey. I have enjoyed this radio and it’s many stations all the way from home to the Guatemala border, modern technology!!

Good Friday tomorrow and I wish all my readers a peaceful, happy and loving Easter weekend. I move on tomorrow morning and now every mile is a mile in the direction of home. I will post when I can but may be without connection from time to time, blessings..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...