Monday, March 31, 2008


The last day of March and I promise not to play any April fools jokes tomorrow, so Heather, Barbara and Annie you can all relax no tales of me being abducted by aliens or anything.

Norma, Croft and I spent the day across the border in Juarez, Mexico. We drove to down town El Paso, parked the car and walked over the bridge and into Mexico, so simple. Norma and I got new glasses at great prices and also the service was wonderful.

We walked around the town and felt very safe and everyone was so helpful. Before we came back we stopped at a small sidewalk cafĂ© for a drink. It was truly amazing you could spend your whole Mexican vacation here, get everything with out having to leave the table. While we were having our drinks the sunglasses salesman came up to us and I bought a pair. Next was the man who wanted to draw our caricatures in charcoal, I haven’t forgiven Norma yet when she told him no we were funny enough already. The next person was the man who if we had been wearing boots would have shined them for us. Next Norma wanted to buy some cigarettes, so the waiter got the smoke salesman to come. I even asked the waiter if he could get me a wife, sure he said about 10 minutes!!!!

After we crossed back Croft wanted to take us to the original Rosa’s Cantina made famous by the song by Marty Robbins, so we spent a great hour in the bar talking to everyone, well Norma was!!!! Got you back!!!!

It was another really good day and I enjoyed Norma and Croft, good people!!!

Tomorrow I am on the road again headed towards Tucson and Phoenix; will post when I can, wish you all a great evening.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...