Saturday, March 22, 2008

For a sleepy little Mexican village they sure know how to party, it was 2.30am this morning by the time the music stopped. I thought there was a party in the RV Park but the music was coming from town about 150 yards away. I suppose the same tonight being a festive weekend, tonight I shall get up and join them, no problem I think it is funny.

Well I have fixed a route back to the USA and will be in Texas maybe this time next week and from there not sure yet.

When for a long walk on the beach this morning I think I walked maybe 6 to 7 miles and enjoyed the exercise. The photos are from my walk. I love the one with the palm tree that is right outside the campground. I walked for miles and saw no one, then suddenly like a whole bunch of people. Then out of nowhere the navy patrol, too funny. Next was a huge crowd watching a kid do sand jumps on X bike.

My favourite photo is the man, wife and small girl. They had driven the motorcycle down to the beach, camped out and the man had staked two poles into the ocean with a net and caught some fish for breakfast.

It reminds me of the story I read years ago in a financial magazine about Jose, who lived in a sleepy Mexican village; maybe the one I am near. Anyway every morning about 9am Jose went out in his boatt for an hour and caught a couple of fish for him and his wife Maria. They would take a siesta in the afternoon and then take a small bottle of wine and a guitar and go to the local square in the evenings, drink some wine, play some music and talk with friends.

An investment banker from New York, was vacationing in this village and observed Jose for a day or two then approached him and said that if he was to get up earlier and stay out longer he would catch more fish, which he could sell to his neighbours.

Jose said and then what and the banker told him this is the best part, after doing this for a few months he would have enough money to buy another boat and hire a man and then both of them could go out fishing all day. Jose said and then what and the banker told him this is the best part. After a year he will have made enough money from selling fish to the whole village that he could buy two more boats and hire men and they could fish all day.

Jose said and then what, well this is the best part the banker told him because after a year he would have enough money to but a fish processing plant where he could supply fish to the whole State. Jose said and then what and of course the banker told him that this is really the best part because after 5 years he will have made enough money that he could move his plant to the USA.

Jose of course said and then what and the reply was now this is by far the best because now you have made so much money you can sell shares in your company on the stock market and in two years you will have made so much money you will be able to retire, move to a little sleepy Mexican village, fish a little, drink a little wine at night in the square………….great story don’t you think??

Tomorrow sees me on the road going up the east coast of Mexico staying at Gas stations and RV parks that I find, so maybe not in too constant contact but will post when I can.

Please all enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend, blessings….

PS I have tried to post the photos for today and cannot so will either try later on tonight or in the morning before I leave.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...