Wednesday, March 19, 2008

At last in a park with Internet and a very nice park too. I am in Campeche, the capitol of the same name State. It is a fortified city on the ocean and my books tell me a gem of a city, will find out tomorrow when I tour the centre.

Another lovely day, slept really well in the parking lot of the ruins of Kabah and at 8.30am this morning I was walking the ruins. I have seen all of the big ruins of the peninsular and enjoyed each and every one of them, they were all different but I also really liked the less famous ones. It was lovely to see these ruins this morning without hordes of tourists, I know this is hypocritical as I am one too, but nice to walk and have them all to myself. No vendors either and I also know they have to make a living, jut being a little selfish here!!

The ruins were different in that the masks were evident and well preserved and I really liked the photo of the two statutes, one without a head. I spent just over one hour here and then on the road for a fairly easy drive to Campeche. I made my route to one of the campgrounds recommended to me about 8 miles out of the city only to find it closed. So plan B, came back into the city and found this great place, a soccer field/RV park across from a small Eco lodge, about 3 miles outside of town. Had a restful afternoon, did some laundry cooked a good meal, showered and now about to watch a movie. There is a nice breeze and not quite as hot.

Tomorrow I intend to spend the full day in the city and then Friday start the long journey home. Have a great evening, Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...