Friday, February 08, 2008

The name Ixtapa comes from the Nahuatl tribe’s language and means white or salt and the pa on the end means place. The place of white sands. Zihuatanejo comes from the same tribe and means land of women.

What a great morning sunny and warm and decided to do some cooking whilst it was cooler in Ramona, so did that, cleaned some more strawberries, did some cleaning then went for a run on the beach. Surprised to see the huge cruise ship in the bay thought they would dock around the corner in Ixtapa.

This beach is so close by and so great wasn’t too busy and I spent the afternoon there sunning and swimming and reading and eating and sleeping and people watching.

Usually I would go off exploring but as I have booked to come here for the month of February next year I shall leave all the exploring till then. I am really impressed with the town and everything and already excited for next year having a month in the mountains in San Miguel then down here for a month.

All showered and cleaned up and had supper and have been invited to play Mexican train again, that was fun last night. Tomorrow plan to leave around 2pm and drive towards Acapulco and stay somewhere outside the city then go in early Sunday and find a Rv park and then spend the day sight seeing in the town and of course see the famous cliff divers.

Another really great day thanks for all the emails and wonderful comments about the blog. I just hope that you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do taking the photos and doing the writing.

Have a great weekend post again when I get access to the Internet, take care..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...