Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It is now Wednesday evening and I leave in the morning for the Guatemala border and will be back on Sunday. I don’t suppose I will have any Internet there so expect the mother of all blogs on Monday. I wish all my readers a great and happy and healthy weekend.


OK now let me set you up for this one. You have to have a vivid imagination. It is 8.30am on a warm morning. You are in a lush, green and wonderful rain forest. The clouds are leaving the mountaintops and a bright and sunny day is moments away. All around you hear the sounds of water trickling down some mountainside and in the not too distant trees the sound of the howler monkeys is ominous, loud and haunting. It sounds like a deep guttural scream and it is constant.

You climb up a mile into the deep jungle and come across the magical, mystical Mayan ruins….WELCOME TO PELANQUE!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...