Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I had trouble getting on the Internet yesterday so this post and photos are from yesterday.

This area consists or two small towns one at either end of a crescent shaped beach, Melaque and Barra de Navidad. Barra is smaller and quieter and those photos of the pier and surfers are taken there. Also this is the site of the Grand Bay hotel, a very upscale complex.

Melaque is more hustle and bustle, dusty streets and more stores and depending on whom you talk to as to which one is best, they are both so different. It is possible to walk from one of the beach to the other and I try and do that most days it is probably just over 2 miles one way. It is quite hard walking as the sand is very soft and quite a slope down to the water, also the waves tend to crash in close to the shore so to avoid getting zonked you need to swim a little ways past them.

In just about the middle of the walk is a bird and crocodile sanctuary and I don’t know if the danger sign is a true warning or just meant to keep you away as yet I haven’t seen a croc!!

Tomorrow is my last day here and I have enjoyed the rest and relaxation, working on my tan and swimming.

On Friday morning I am going north about 4 hour’s drive to Puerto Vallarta to pick up my goof friend Larry who is flying in from Kelowna. He is staying in another beach town another hour north of P.V. for a month and his wife Gail will join him in two weeks. I plan to stay a couple of days and then unfortunately I have to back track on the same highway back down south as I start my journey south heading for the Yucatan.

Hope you have a great day..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...