Friday, December 07, 2007

 

 

 

 



We had a night of rain last night and I am told the first rain since spring, so you can imagine it was a welcome relief and all is green and lush this morning.
My day started out about 7.30am with a walk along the beach front for about 2 miles, the waves were angry and loud and were crashing up against the cliffs. On the return walk it was just amazing and of course you are going to have to take my word for it because I had neglected to bring my camera, it appeared I was being stalked by two dolphins swimming in the same direction as me and they followed me along about 60 yards out into the surf, what a majestic sight to start the day.
On Stella's advice I drove to a small hispanic town called Ojai which is 20 miles away and the drive there is beautiful, that is where all the lake photographs were taken. The town itself is very quaint, clean and the people so friendly. I found the Chamber of Commerce and the kind lady there pointed me in the direction of a foot path that ran the length of the town. That is where the lovely trees and paths were and I think I have put a new meaning to "hearing it straight from the horse's mouth". The down town was pretty and I loved the old wooden door. I spent about 2 hours just walking around and enjoyed the sights and sounds and of course by now it was lovely and sunny
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...