Tuesday, December 11, 2007

 

 

 



Sorry about the double posting from yesterday but I was having trouble with a connection, so to re-cap from yesterday..Left Santa Barbara about 10.30am after a wonderful stay and Ramona responed to the first turn of the ignition key and off we went towards Phoenix. The route was all Interstate and we touched on the outskirts of L.A. and that was a little hairy but Ramona was good she just stayed in the near side line and watched everyone pass her by. After we crossed into Arizona the desert landscapes were prominent as were the snow capped peaks, the 1000's of wind generators and signs advertising for the snow birds visitors to buy homes.
I stopped in a town called Quartsize last night at a small and very clean RV park, called "Sweets" the town is reknown for having huge flea markets and I thought I could pick up supplies for Ramona that I cannot get in Mexico but this morning the only thing I bought was an outside mat, so I shall be hitting Walmart in the morning.
I arrived in Phoenix this afternoon and met my friends, their family and adorable grand children and had a good home cooked meal. Tonight I am staying in Ramona but in the driveway of the family home, very quiet and convenient.
My plan tomorrow is to leave early get supplies from Walmart then cross into Mexico at the Lukeville border, obtain all my permits then drive to where my friend's live in Puerto Penasco.
My great friends own a restaurant there and already I have heard that I am to be cooking hot dogs at a kids party on sunday with over 1000 in attendance so looking forward to that. It will be so nice to finally be in Mexico and another stage of my journey complete, thanks for travelling with me, blessings....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...