Sunday, December 16, 2007

I fully realize that I am begining to annoy some readers, especially those living in more northerly climes where the norm is cold, wet, rainy and windy days and of course the occasional snow storm, with my banter about me waking up to warm and sunny skies. So to appease those readers I will not in future start the blog with saying what a warm and suuny morning I am experiencing. So today as I was laying in bed with just a sheet over me, brilliant rays of light came peaking through the sky lights of Ramona reminding me that it was time to get up and put on my shorts and T shirt and walk to the beach have my morning cup of tea....now wasn't that better!!

Today was one of those "Oh my goodness" days. Linda had volunteered herself and me to help out with a local church that was putting on a street party for some needy families in one of the barrios. We both never realized just what we had gotten ourselves into. The pastor of the church, with much financial backing, had organized the mother of all parties. Two blocks of road was blocked off and with about 50 volunteers 1000 men, women and children were treated to a care package, hot dog and drink, blanket, bags of oranges and potatoes, toys, balloons and hundreds of smiles. The work that went into this venture was incredible and it was so well done. Linda and I assigned ourselves to giving out the bags of oranges and potatoes. It was simply amazing for 4 hours we witnessed all these lovely people receiving these few gifts and there was not one screaming child, never did I hear a parent raise his or her voice and never was there any pushing it was such a blessing and humbling experience to be a small part of this special day. Please sit back open your hearts and enjoy these photographs and know that for a short time today in a back street of Puerto Penasco the true spirit of Christmas was alive and well

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...