Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas evening and I hope everyone had a wonderful time and had a chance to relax and enjoy the day and whatever festivities.
My Christmas morning started about 8.30am when I woke up to just a perfect morning, sunny, bright and warm. I went up to the local soccer field (I posted a photo a couple of days ago) and walked one lap of the field, then ran 7 laps and walked two more. It was a great feeling to be running and to have the wonderful views of the mountains as a backdrop.
Came home and showered and did some little jobs on Ramona. I do find that I am constantly moving things around till I find the best place at the time for things. I have lots of space with cupboards and drawers inside but out side storage is a little limited. There are a couple of things that need fixing so I shall wait till Mazatlan and get some help there (yes Croft I mean YOU!!).
At about 12.30pm I sat down and had the most delicious Christmas dinner consisting of turkey, ham, stuffing, pots, peas, yams and sprouts, thank you HEATHER!!!! This was a leftovers from the Thanksgiving dinner I had with my great friends and Heather boxed me an extra meal and I told her this is going in the freezer in Ramona and on Christmas Day I shall have dinner with the Anderson’s and that is exactly what I did.
I also received a very special gift from my other great friends Linda and Guy from Puerto Penasco. They gave me the gift when I left last week with strict instructions to open today and it is the slate painting of a deer, with a beautiful letter. Those of you who have been following this blog for a while will know that the deer is an important animal to me that I associate with my Dad and his passing, so this was a very unique and wonderful gift. I am so lucky to have so many great friends.. .
Anyway back to today after lunch I was invited to go along with my kind neighbours to their friend’s open house and it was a lovely time, with great food and a 3-piece band. There were many interesting people here and I did see the priest from the Mass last night and I spoke to him and told him how special the service was and that it was the first time I had heard the service, some parts of which were translated into English. He thanked me and blessed me for safe travels.
Came back around 4pm and did some reading and more chores and getting ready to leave tomorrow. So I had a special and wonderful time today.
I have really enjoyed this town and would not hesitate to come back again. I am on the road for two days starting tomorrow I am heading 400 miles back down the west coast to Mazatlan where I have booked a RV park for 7 days which will ground me over New Years, not a good time to be on the road. So I am sure I shall not have Internet till 28th so look forward to posting then. Sorry for babbling on here…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...