Monday, December 17, 2007

About 8.15 this morning I knew it was time for the what is now fast becoming the morning ritual of making a cup of tea putting on a T shirt and shorts and walking the few feet, sitting on the sea wall and drinking in not only the tea but the sights of the ocean, the shrimp boats bringing in their fresh catch of the day, the sea gulls scurrying for breakfast…. I am doing well still no mention of any weather reports!!!!!!
This morning was a busy one but also rewarding and productive, Linda and I loaded up her van with the food packages that she had got together for 10 especially needy families. These packages consisted of the staple food products, beans, rice, cookies, and a 10-pound bag of oranges. We delivered these to a local school where the families were coming tomorrow to pick them up. This is the same school that Linda and Guy put on a huge party for the kids that I came to last year. The kids here were so well behaved and they all wanted to help carrying the packages and of course they never refuse a chance to get in front of the camera, so one photo is a portion of the packages in the school office and the rest of the kids, notice anything about their faces and their eyes??
After this we went back to the storage place where the rest of the donations that Linda had received had been stored. Here were many small toys, loads of blankets and bags of warm clothes, these we all put together in bags and the minister who had put on a such a great event yesterday came and loaded them all into his van as he and his congregation knew of a small neighbourhood that would use them all. So the bags on the floor are in this photo before being loaded up. Well that is it the storage place is all cleaned up everything going to needy homes and it is a feeling of being so blessed to be able to help in such a small way and also a feeling of how fortunate I am in my life to have had so much.
Linda will shoot me for saying this but for 12 years now she has done so much for this town and the people that live here. When they sell the restaurant and they move to their home in the mountains of San Miguel they will be missed but I know that they will just turn around and start some foundation in their new town.
I came home around 1pm and went for a long run on the roads, unfortunately the sand is too soft to run in, Then because it was such a great day laid out and sunbathed and read for a couple of hours.
Tonight Linda and Guy had their staff Christmas party at a small restaurant in town and I was invited and had a great time. The meal was lovely and the Mariachi played a couple of festive songs and the staff had a wonderful time. Another perfect day and I feel so lucky to be able to be here and enjoy all the things I am doing.
Sorry for the long post but Annie you must be proud of me with the lack of weather reports….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...