Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Woke up to a sunny morning and got on the road by 8.30am and headed into San Francisco and the RV park I had picked to stay for two nights. This necessitated me driving over the Golden Gate bridge through the town and out to the south end. It was a challenge for my first time driving Ramona in the big city and it's traffic and hazards but it went well and each day I get more confident and comforable. The bridge was an incredible sight the technology to build and sustain it is amazing. I arrived at the camp ground thanks to Sam telling me to turn left, turn right, she was great and delivered me right to the door of the RV park. On a personal note, I received an e mail from my lovely niece, Samantha, this morning telling me how happy she was that I had named the GPS unit after her.

The park is very modern with great facilities and on the ocean in a very secure and quiet area. I quickly got settled and figured the lay out of the area and by 11.30am was on my way to exploring. It is somewhat of a challenge in a strange big city to get around, but without blowing my own trumpet, I think I did pretty well today. I took a bus outside the RV park to the local Bart station then took the train to down town, all very easy.

One of the great perks about having grey hair at my tender age of 47(Kidding) is I am a senior in looks so every where I go I ask for the senior rate and I bet I save hundreds of dollars a year, the bus saved 75 cents, Bart saved 2.50 it all adds up!

This was only a short afternoon so I just did a few things tomorrow I plan to spend all day here with a bus tour in the afternoon. So more about the city then. This is such a cosmopolitan city I have seen everything this afternoon, every colour, creed, race and incredible human sights, I think the best was a man on the subway, he was a punk rocker with more piercings than I have toes and fingers, a big pink Mohawk hair cut and I swear he was at least 75 years old, too much! I love to people watch and although I am not a big fan of big cities being here and soaking it all up is very interesting and makes me realize what a big and diversified planet we live on.

Arrived back at the park about 5pm in time to wash Ramona and catch the lovely sunset. I have just had another Granary supper and after this a nice movie and a cuppa....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...