Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS LANGUAGE THAY MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 50!!!!!!!!!

Well my boy hood dreams of becoming a cowboy and riding off west into the high country in search of adventure and gold have been all but quashed!!! Unless I can outfit my horse with one of those platforms, padded of course, that they use for elephant rides in India. You may not be able to tell but I am typing this text whilst standing, sitting is too painful!!!!

Today started off with me having breakfast juice at 7.30am before being picked up right on time at 8am for my horse back riding tour. It was a lovely sunny day and I have never seen rain like last night from 4pm till around midnight it rained so hard I am surprised nothing flooded here.

It was about a 30-minute drive through roads I hadn’t been on before and it was literally in the middle of nowhere, but of course out there we passed this tiny little town and what was in the centre???? You should all know by now…the church, the school and the soccer field. Also passed the little house with the girl in front absolutely miles from anywhere and you cannot tell but the home is equipped with satellite TV dish on the roof.

Arrived at the stables and I was the only one on the tour so my young Guide, Lois and my horse, wait for it, he was called DEVIL!!!!!!! Were waiting for me and away we went down these beautiful small paths through the rain forest. Heard so many sounds and the fresh smells were invigorating. We passed the pig in the pen, the black vulture and many small streams. Saw lots of vivid birds, a toucan and many butterflies one of which had about a four inch wing span and the brightest blue ever, couldn’t capture that other wise I might have fallen off DEVIL!!!!

It took about one hour riding to get to our destination, the 300-foot waterfall. I must in all honesty confess right now it was a painful one-hour, they have wooden saddles and even with all my in grown padding still bumpy!!!!

The waterfall was spectacular and so peaceful, I went swimming at the base and the water was cool but refreshing. We sat here about 20 minutes just watching the falls and I was thinking how fortunate I have been to be able to travel such distances without incident and to meet so many wonderful people.

Before the return journey I did some minor alterations, alignments, buffering and re=arranging for the journey home and these actions proved successful as I was able to actually walk when we arrived at camp!!!

The little boy was waiting for us and as soon as I got off DEVIL he jumped on and away he went. Another lovely outing and again completed just before the rains came.

I am having a quiet time this evening doing some reading and writing and of course watching a soccer game. Tomorrow is my last full day here and I have planned to go white water rafting. Hope you enjoy these lovely photographs, take care..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My my.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...