Friday, November 30, 2007

Sorry everything is mixed up here today but I just wanted to get all the photos of the scenic drive together.

It is now 9pm and I couldn't find a place to stay, no RV parks and the law is very strict about parking overnight on the scenic pull outs and rest areas. I want to visit the Hearst Castle tomorrow, so I am in a little town called Cambria about 5 miles from the castle and I pulled into a small motel entrance, they were not busy and negotiated a rate of 15 dollars for me to park in the back parking lot and the pass word for the Internet connection. So here I am using all Ramona's facilities tonight. I am warm, showered and fed but I did make one mistake and it is still a learning curve for me. I knew I was low on gas and had intended to get some but saw no stations that were open so when I turned on the generator so I could use the micro wave, it started but then stopped after about two minutes and I knew right away what was wrong. I remembered from the instruction manual that when the generator, which runs off the gas in the tank, is low it cuts out and will not work. This is a safety feature so you don't go out some where in the boonies use up all the gas for the generator and then have no gas to start the vehicle. So instead of a micro wave meal it was good old can of soup night. A good lesson to learn. Please enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...