Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I think this is another day where you just need to sit back relax and enjoy the photographs and again I remind you double clicking gets great shots even better. I spent all day in the Park and I hiked every trail, quite a long way, the humid air made it a little tough but I enjoyed every minute. I know I sweat lots but I have never had my shirt and shorts so soaked after a hike, if I had taken a shower my clothes couldn't have been any wetter. The trails were a little wet but well maintained and once into the interior of the forest the animals appeared. It was so different hiking in a rain forest with palms that ran right down to the ocean. For those people that live in Nanaimo the hike was a little similar terrain to the trail around the spit at Piper's Lagoon, of course you have to figure in the monkey's, pizote's, iguana's and the palms!!!!! I hiked all the trails then came back to the main beach went for a swim and had my lunch. After swinging through the forest yesterday this was so totally different, at times I was just alone with the sounds, the smells and the monkies, it was a very memorable time.

Just to tell you how everything is working so well for me and how things work for me anyway, in this country, I wanted to go on a horse back tour tomorrow to a large waterfall, so I enquired with the company on line yesterdat asking about the tour and wanting to book. I had not heard back until just now a knock on my door, the front office receptionist was at my door with a cell phone saying there was a call for me. It was the company telling me they will pick me up at 7.45am outside my hotel for the tour and I think she said I am the only person booked. It was chucking it down with rain and for the receptionist to come all the way to my room outside in this weather, so kind.
Another day done and a good one at that, so tomorrow horse back riding the next day white water rafting...what a boring life I lead.....take care and I hope you all enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them...

A phrase I shall use often is "Pura Vida" they say it all the time here, the literal translation is pure life, but it used for everything like, all is well, thanks life is good, the best, everything is wonderful. so i wish you all Pura Vida!!!!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Les, I think you are having way too much fun for just one person. I am so glad that I chose you to housesit and pet sit for me in Costa Rica. I hope that all the splendor and beauty of Costa Rica hasn't spoiled you for Vancouver Island. Saludos, su amiga, Belinda

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...