Tuesday, October 30, 2007












Well this afternoon's little adventure did not go according to plan I intended to visit a city about 30 minutes away called Alajuela, I left and got on the bus to the terminal in down town San Jose and managed to find my way to the stop to get on the bus to Alajuela and off I go. I wanted to try and capture some photographs of the down town and it's happenings without setting up the shots, so all the photos today were taken out of the side window of the bus. They are what they are, the bus went through some very impoverished and dirty streets with street people sleeping on the side walk or in the little park with the statue. I just wanted to capture their looks and I think I did that with the old man, the couple talking and the man selling coconuts. As run down as this area was just a few yards away from the poverty and dirt is this huge car show room. At this point the afternoon went down hill. I neglected to bring the manuel for my camera with me from Nanaimo and the camera is relatively new to me and I cannot figure out when the battery is getting low it just instantly shuts down, which is what happened, so unfortunately the rest of the afternoon would be a camera free zone. Then when I wanted to get off the bus it starting to rain like crazy, now apart from those special ladies ( you gotta love 'em)who think I have an umbrella attached to the right hand, I did not bring the umbrella because no rain for 5 days now, so I decided to stay on the bus and see where I end up. Well I ended up at the airport, still raining so got off the bus figured out which bus to take me back to San Jose and then made my way back to the terminal to get the bus home fortunately by this time it had` stopped raining. It was not a wasted afternoon I enjoyed the buses seeing all the different people getting on and off, trying image their life and what was going on for them. In the downtown there was much poverty and trash strewn streets. Lots of hustle and bustle. I must say at no time did I feel unsafe or threatened, quite the opposite, but down town of most major cities are not my favourite places....different day, different photos, different perspective, makes you stop and think about your own life, the choices made and not made...have a great evening, tomorrow another adventure is planned to the rain forest...

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...