Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Well I have some bad news......tomorrow morning I have to go in to the local Hospital in Ciudad Colon for minor surgery. The procedure will only take about 20 minutes and I shall be home by the afternoon, the operation will make my stay here more comfortable and easy. Now I don't want all my special female readers offering to come down to help with the recuperation, on seconds thoughts maybe I do!!
Today at 7am Gerado the gardener came and I let him in and he got right to work, I watched him work solid for 5 hours and he did a great job. I made him a sandwich for lunch it was a ham and cheese on raisin bread, a culture shock for sure for him.
There came a frontal system through today and the sunny mornings have gone, but still warm. I walked into town for the first time and walked and looked around, did some shopping, got wet through and on the walk home stopped and bought myself a fully cooked pollo(chicken) for supper. Today's photos are of the walk into town, some of the local streets, the small square and the soccer field, it seems the square and soccer field are prominent in the towns. I particulary like the photo taken through the fence of the field, the church and the clouds moving in. I have to find out about this church because it is not of the local design that usually is to be found, it is modern and square and not really attractive. To prove it rains that is me and fore mentioned pollo in bag. I make no apologies for the waterfall again, in the mist, the rain it is always so different and lovely. I tried to capture the rain in some of the shots.

Oh by the way, the procedure......I am having the umbrella surgically implanted into my right hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...