Thursday, October 18, 2007


This would be a good time to get that cup of coffee or tea I feel I have a literary giant coming on....Today was exploring the canyon behind the house. I had been shown the road to take and off I went. The photos are of the street I took that leads to the gravel road. I just love that picture of the tree with the mountains in the background(on the previous post). I think I walked down the winding path maybe 2 miles and then came across this side road, which I took of course. I finished up in the garden of this older gentleman named Jorge, after I very meekly told him I was pleased to meet him and could I take photos, we shook hands and there you go the base of the waterfall that I can see from the back yard. The other picture I also like is of his casa, with the trees, the laundry and believe me this home is in the boonies completely. Continuing down the path I was trying to find my way to the river basin and I came across this other Tico collecting fruit again after respectfully telling him my name he allowed me take photos and also took one for me. I am sure I was in land never before been visited by a gringo just call me Dr.Livingston(you know the score by now if you don't know who he is...google him). I continued further down until it was obvious I was going away from the river so I decided to turn around and make the monumental climb back, just as it started to rain. Back on the main street I needed to go and post some post cards then called in at the local store, photo of the inside of the store and then back home. I was gone about 5 hours and it was a memorable day to be hiking in forest and semi jungle away from everything and meeting the two Tico's, who were so friendly and kind. My big mistake I forget to bring down my Canadian gifts, I always go to the dollar store before I leave Nanaimo and get many small Canadian key chains and always carry them with me just for the exact occasion of giving them to these gentlemen. I bought the chains but neglected to bring them!!!!

Now after a shower and as my Mum would say "your 4 o'clock cuppa" I feel great. I am going to do some reading and get ready for the base ball game tonight. Soup and a roll for supper tonight.

I have also been researching where I am going to travel after I leave here I have six days and on advice from locals I think I may go over to the Pacific coast and stay in a place called Manuel Antonio a National Park on the ocean with rain forests and jungles, it is supposed to be magnificent. More research needed I know I do miss the ocean it becomes part of you. OK enough already, blessings to all....










No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...