Saturday, October 27, 2007












So after watching 2 live English soccer games I decided it was time to do some house work, have lunch and go exploring. I had been told of this neat church in a small town called Santa Anna about 7 miles away, so off I went to the bus stop. The small cow is tethered right next to the bus stop, you don't see that in Nanaimo!!!! After a wait of about 30minutes I boarded the bus and arrived in the centre of this very small town. Being Saturday afternoon it was busy and I had to laugh at my first sight which looked like somebody had planted this huge pine apple in the ground. Another difference I notice from Mexico is that here in the centre of a small town there is no square, here it is a soccer field, the Tico's are soccer nuts. This soccer field although a little run down was well used and I like the photo of the field with the church as a back drop. The church was very beautiful with all the stone work even way up to the steeple. Again I like the photo from inside looking out through the huge glass topped doors. What a neat little church. I took a walk through town and came across the leather boot store what a great shop window!!!! It is so interesting just to sit and watch all the activity of a town like this...Mum's and kids walking to the store, the sound of a soccer game coming from a cantina, the kids hanging about talking with the girls. Old folks walking and smiling....the smells, the sounds but no music blaring, I miss that... Well home again and back to the TV for the base ball game, NO i am not a sports fanatic, well maybe a little....Have a great Sunday I am looking forward to my day going to a volcano, so I hope the clouds are high enough for a view, either way should be yet another adventure.....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...