Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hello from Cuidad Colon a beautiful small town that is about 45 minutes away from the capital city San Jose, the home I am staying in is incredible, very nicely furnished and the grounds are incredible and the canyon and waterfall that I look out from the gazebo is breath taking!!!!!! Ebverything is so fresh and green because of all the rain. I knew this was the rainy season and if the last two days are any sort of pattern it is sunny and warm around 80 degrees in the mornings till about 2pm when the clouds come in and the rain begins, very heavy and sometimes thunder and lightening, not much you can do about it except take in stride. My friend who owns the house has been showing me around the town and surrounding areas and it is very peaceful and simple. I don't see the abject poverty that I know from my travels to Mexico, nor the shacks nor the kids running barefoot in the streets, I am sure it exists somewhere. This is going to be a very interesting time I shall plan outings in the mornings and arrange to be home before the rain starts, I am going to take the time to relax, read, practice my Spanish, get things organized for my trip south next month and of course watch the baseball playoffs!!!! The only minor negative is that I cannot seem to get my computer to hook up to the Internet here so I am using my friends computer and I don't know if I can get my camera connected and post pictures. So it may mean that the blog will be photo less until I go some where else where I can download pictures. I am going to try from here but if not it will be all writing , then a multitude of pictures. Trust me the photo of the canyon and the waterfall are worth waiting for!!!! Have a great day and to my friends keep those e mail coming..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...