Saturday, October 20, 2007

Going through some technical difficulties here downloading the rest of my photos for today, so I will tell you about the day and then your mission, if you choose to accept, it to match the words with the photos.
Well after a very relaxing morning I set off about 11 am today's trip was to the University of Peace which I have been told is about 7 kilometers on the other side of Cuidad Colon. Please if you have time google wikipeddia for the University of Peace, very interesting text telling you all about the history and mission statement.
I have never seen cows with big floppy ears like that!!!! He or she was in the same field as yesterday's horse just by the gate to the community. The picture of the road and beautiful house is inside the gated community. Just on the main highway walking into town I passed first the shrine, then the road side store and because I lazed the morning away the market in town was packing up as I passed by. I walked all the way through town to the other end where there is a small road with the sign to the University.
Incredible!!!!! Is the only word to describe the walk which took me over one hour. I passed fields and fields of what i first thought were grapes but closer examination showed small red and green berries. I walked through lush forest and winding roads some which had been previously washed away, over a cute little bridge until I stopped this Tico on a bike and asked him what the bushes were and of course they were coffee bushes!!! He took the 2 photos of me in the bushes, that is the closest I ever came to a cup of coffee!!!!
After a steep climb came to this very tiny village where in the centre was a skate board park and the kids were playing and laughing, refrained from taking any pictures. Another short trek and there was the University. The campus is closed on the weekends but the park was open. 300 colonies got me into the park and the photos speak for themselves, the ponds, the walkways and the statues, all very beautiful. I stopped and had lunch and took a self portrait, mention my wrinkles and instant blog ban, that includes you too Janet ( my favourite sister in law ). Started the trek back and after about 500 yards this car stopped and a couple with a young daughter offered me a lift which I gladly accepted. So here I am 3600 miles away from home on the small road in the middle of a little town and I get picked up by a teacher from Delta (a suburb of Vancouver), his Japanese wife and little girl!!!!! His Mum lives in Victoria, here on Vancouver Island and she was born in a town called Bakewell, Derbyshire, England, I was born and raised about 45 minutes from this town!!! What a small world, he is on sabbatical from the school district and teaching English here in a little town called Santa Anna. They dropped me off close to my house and as walked up the drive way being greeted by Lucy the heavens opened and it just poured down. Well there you have it another boring day!!!!! I hope to post the rest of the pictures later....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...