Thursday, September 13, 2007

I really like this song by Tim McGraw titled "Live like you were dying" it is a great song and the words I think could be a mantra for how we all could live our lives!!!!

He said I was in my early forties
with a lot of life before me
and a moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days looking at the X rays
talking about the options and talking about sweet time
asked him when it sank in that this might really be the real end
man what do you do
and he says
I went sky diving
I went Rocky mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu
and I loved deeper
and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I've beed denying
and he said someday I hoipe you get the chance
to live like you were dying

He said I was finally the husband
that most the time I wasn't
and I became a friend a friend would like to have
and all the sudden going fishing
wasn't such an inposition
and I went three times that year I lost my Dad
well I finally read the good book
and I took a good long hard look at what I'd do
if I could do it all again
and then
like tomorrow was a gift and you've got eternity
to think about what you do with it
what could you do with it
what would I do with it......enjoy the song

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...