Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today was my last full day in Smoky Lake and spent it visiting many friends. The photos are of the very first house I bought, 2 delightful little boys at their Baba’s house and a special young lady at the Hutterite Colony. This charming girl was 3 years old when I last saw her and I have known her parents for many years, they have always been so friendly towards me. Their Colony is self-sufficient and they keep everything so clean. The men just finished a huge building which houses all their kitchens, dining area and school rooms and Marie gave me a personal tour, wish I could have taken more pictures but not allowed. I guarantee there is no restaurant anywhere with finer and clean kitchen equipment, I felt quite special to be going through all these rooms and the highlight was the last room where all the kindergarten kids were having their lunch. The girls were beautiful in the blue long dresses, braided hair and eyes so shiny and those little guys in their black pants and suspenders and then they all sang a song to me, boy what memories!!! Today I leave for Calgary where I am meeting some friends I haven’t seen for a few years, they are flying in from California for a wedding so we will all have dinner together. Tomorrow I leave for Kamloops where I am staying for the long weekend for a soccer tournament. I have been coming here for 4 years and it is a great tournament and I look forward to reffing probably 10 –12 games. I wish you all a very safe and happy long weekend…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...