Saturday, March 03, 2007

This photograph deserves it’s own journal entry….not being very artistic or poetic I will try my best to describe this picture. It is 9am on a sleepy warm sunny morning in this little town called Mascota, already the streets are thriving with vendors, children walking to school and the smell of food in the air, I am sitting in the small town square which has beautiful flowers, a small fountain and the old folks sitting on benches, talking and laughing and I am looking up at this magnificent church. Already I am feeling blessed to have had good fortune on my journey so far and to be healthy and happy in this little old Colonial town. Suddenly it is 9am and the church bells ring, what a thunderous noise, attracts everyone’s attention, after 9 rings…. silence and then from some where inside of the church comes this beautiful loud rendition of someone singing “Ava Maria” it drifted across the square and what a magical moment…it was such a wonderful scene and one that rates 2nd best day of my journey…. what peace and joy I felt…wish you could have been here!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...