Monday, March 05, 2007


Now the story of the Mexican vehicle permit….when you drive into Mexico and go past the free zone you are required to purchase a vehicle permit, which is displayed inside the vehicle on the wind screen and it is a must that when you leave Mexico you return this sticker and get notification that you are leaving the country, other wise big problems the next time you try to get in. Being a seasoned Mexican traveller I know all this, what I didn’t know was that the huge border crossing I was using was devoid of all signs telling you where this little office is located and so I found myself, with many other returning gringos in the large line up to enter the USA without returning the sticker. I knew I was in trouble and that I would have to enter the USA and immediately turn around and go back into Mexico and find the office and do the paper work, which is what I did, except there really is no sign so I had to ask and of course no one knew. So I parked the van and hoofed it till I found the said office about 300 yards from anywhere with no signs, back to my vehicle and drove there and returned the sticker, then back again into the bridge line up and back into the USA again, all in all took me two hours, but you know what it did not faze me one little bit…..headed down the free way not sure what I am going to do so checked into a rather nice motel and treated myself to my first BATH in nearly three and a half months!!!!!!!

Had a wonderful time in Mexico, saw many beautiful things and learned a lot about all sorts of things including myself. As I sit in this room complete with large beds, TV, coffee pot, iron, soaps ect, I think back to where I stayed last night, almost with nothing and the huge gap in this picture and guess which room I prefer???
After yesterday’s blog thought I would spare you with just one picture!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...