Sunday, March 11, 2007

Had a lazy morning for the first day of the time change, went for breakfast in the facility, breakfast is buffet style and includes cerials, fruit, toast, oatmeal, the lunches and dinners are served, so after breakfast tea and reading a newspaper out on the easy chair was in order, then messed about getting the motor home ship shape, it really is a great deal for me 100 dollars and i parked about 100 yards away from the CARE building where i have the use of the showers, laundry is just another couple of 100 yards away and the park is spotless way out in the country and the weather seems constant about 76 degrees and cooling down in the evening. In the afternoon I went to Livingston State Park, which is where the photos are taken ,this is a lovely park and the lake is one of the biggest inTexas, don't know why but I shall find out but the water is very dirty, but there are mnay hiking and biking trails and I can see me spending many hours here. To my Nanaimo readers some parts of the lake remind me of Westwood lake but of course this being Texas everything is much bigger!!!! My work starts tomorrow night at 6pm, my duties vary each day but I start in the kitchen washing dishes, my dream comes tru I finally become a "dish pig" this is a friendly term for the dishwasher, eat your heart out at the Granary!!!!!! After that i make sure all the residents are safely tucked away in their own motor homes and come back and lock and check the centre. Every one is so friendly and the residents are easy to be with...Well it is now 8.10pm and just getting dark, time for a walk around the park before I watch a movie on my laptop(thanks Andy) hope you all had a great weekend, best wishes..


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...