Thursday, March 08, 2007


Day 8 started with a tour around the USS Lexington, all the photos were taken on or from the retired aircraft carrier, which is moored by the beach in the bay of Corpus Christie and it is a huge ship!!!!! Lots of details but it is over 3 soccer fields long, 11 decks and carried over 3000 sailors. The tour was self guided and included a flight simulator and even a movie in an Imax theatre on the ship. There were volunteers all over to answer questions and it was a really interesting morning and I just gaze in awe at the size of this vessel and how it even floats is beyond me. I then decided to take the afternoon and do a long drive to Livingston, where I am doing my volunteer work, it is spring break starting today and roads are crazy and I felt it best to be settled and off the road by tomorrow, so I am now in a small motel haven’t been able to get a sense of the town yet as it is dark, but tomorrow I shall go check everything out.So one part of my journey is complete and ready for the next stage. I have driven over 11,000 kms and the van has served me well and I feel blessed that I have travelled so far in different countries and roads less travelled and have had no mechanical or road problems. In fact looking back on my journey now into the 4th month, I recall one day of feeling sad. Two days of being quite sick with a virus and only one awful event happening and that happened to a small girl who fell off a ledge in down town Pueta Vallarta and I was able to assist her, so I feel very lucky and happy. Thank you for riding along with me all these days now I shall be stationary for a month but will still continue the travelogue







No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...