Thursday, March 01, 2007

Day 1
The next stage of my journey started out by leaving my brother at the airport in P.V. at 8am, it was sad to see him go but I am happy for him because I know we had a great time and I also know that he is anxious to get back to his family, safe trip home Mac and thanks!!!!!!!I then headed north for about 45 mins back to the sleepy town of Rincon de Guayabitos to see my special Kelowna friends and bring them back to the airport in P.V., we stopped about 10 mins from the airport and had a great home made lunch on the beach, next to the magnificent ocean and clear blue skies, what a memory for me because the next ocean I see will be the Gulf of Mexico on the other side. I then headed out into the Sierra Cuale mountains to a small town called San Sebastian, which is a former mining town, way off the beaten track and what I expected to find when you hear the term” sleepy Mexican town”, lovely cobbled streets, so small, the church, the plaza and hardly any people. The drive there was on narrow gravel roads for the last 9 km and quite tricky. Then moved on to the next little town of Mascota, where my great guidebook led to this small family run Posada Corona, where I am staying the night. I have not been sleeping great the last few days and I intended to stay in the van but the room is small, lovely in a great courtyard and only 14 dollars, can’t beat it. I saw a cyber cafĂ© in town so hopefully after a shower I can post this today. It was a lovely day and a huge change to be away from the ocean and the bustle of P.V. So day 1 went well and I am happy and tired….










No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...