Wednesday, February 21, 2007





Well we had quite a day in the big city, the friendly policeman last night gave us great directions to get to the bus that would take us from the central plaza in this town to the central plaza in Guadalajara, the bus came and the cost was 18 pesos each about 2 dollars, the ride took 40 minutes and it would have been one of my worst decisions to try to drive downtown, the traffic was quite incredible. The Internet is a wonderful thing I found that there is a tour company that does bus tours down town and we found their base it was an open double Decker bus and for 50 pesos each (because my brother and I are old) we toured the downtown for about 90 minutes. We each had are own headphones describing all the sites. This is the best way to see any big city…we then came back to the centre and went on a small walking tour I have been here before and I wanted Malc to see the world’s largest indoor market and we found it and it is quite a site….then came back to the tour bus (you can get on and off when ever) and took the bus to another small town famous for Mexican handicrafts. The town was very up scale and not really to my liking. We then took another local bus back to the hotel Hacienda del Sol that is where we are staying. A great day and one without getting lost, although it re affirms my dis like for big cities. In the evening we walked the square in Tonola, we noticed that so many people adults children, rich and poor we mostly all bearing a mark on their foreheads, looked like a cross in charcoal, it was getting to me I had to know the meaning so of course I asked and was told that today was Ash Wednesday and it was the sign of the cross. So all the pictures are from today it was a really good and different day.

On a lighter note my well travelled brother came to Tonola knowing we were staying only two days and knowing it was going to be around 90 degrees, so what did he pack in his overnight bag, his pyjamas, 4 pairs of socks, his fold up rain coat and NO UNDER WEAR!!!!!! So I bring him to the second largest city in Mexico steeped in culture, history, romance and wonderful people and sights and what do we do, we go shopping for his undies, hence the picture of Malc and the lady buying his stuff, of course in my pigeon Spanish I told the lady the story, the other picture is the hanging sign advertising the afore mentioned undies, in Spanish the sign is saying chica (small) or Extra Grande (large) I refuse to divulge which pairs he bought on the grounds he has threatened to smack me!!!!!!! I did have permission to print this story!!!!!
Any one keeping the scrabble score??? Mexicokid 4 older Mexico kid 0…!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...