Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Well I am on the road staying a couple of days with my friends in Rincon de Guayabitos before I pick my brother up at the airport in Puerta Vallarta…. this morning started out great with a run on the beach and then we all planned to go somewhere in the mountains where we had heard was a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains about 2 hours drive away….for reasons I won’t get into on the grounds I might incriminate myself, suffice it to say as the journey started and I was driving merrily on towards this lovely lake my camera was home sleeping, so what I am going to describe is without photos till my friends get back to Kelowna and they send me the pictures they took. This was an incredible journey the scenery was magnificent and not your typical Mexican coastal scenes that I had been used to. We drove into the mountains through fields of sugar cane, pineapples, papayas and arrived at this look out spot that overlooking this awe inspiring lake set in the volcanic valley surrounded by mountains, it just was like a B.C. interior lake absolutely stunning!!!! We drove right down to the lake side and had a picnic on the lake front, so quiet and peaceful, the water was cool, the setting out of a story book, had a wonderful picnic lunch and looked around and really unable to believe where we were. This was just a great day and when you see the photos I know you will all agree, take care and now will have to behave as my OLDER brother will be around.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...