Friday, February 23, 2007

I think I unleashed a monster……my brother loves to shop, had to drag him away, see all those bags of trinkets he bought…. Today was Tonola Market, one of the largest outdoor markets in Mexico, it goes for many blocks and the prices are really unbelievable. I tried to capture the essence of the market with the vendors, the people, the smells, the stalls and all the goods. We spent 3 hours and probably only saw half of the stalls. Malc managed to buy some very unusual gifts for his family where he is going to pack them all I don’t know. We both really enjoyed the time spent in Tonola and arrived back in Barra about 5pm and after unpacking headed straight for the beach and a swim. It was good to visit the city and see some of the more historical and cultural sights but we both agreed it was nice to get back to our quiet hometown where the pace of life is so much easier and peaceful. So a very good three days and now we only have a few days left so we are going to cram many activities in. For the scorekeepers in scrabble…Mexico kid 5 older Mexico Kid 0…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...