Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I SWAM WITH THE WHALES!!!!!!!!
There have been many incredible days since my journey began but today is the top of the list so far!!!! A group of us paid 150 pesos each, about 15 dollars, and went on a whale watching trip in a small panga. We motored out about 5 miles with out any sightings when suddenly about 1 mile away we saw the first glimpse of a pair of grey whales, the captain of the boat, Cuy, 17 years old, drove towards the waves and we were soon in the midst of what we think were 2 pairs of whales, the show they put on was out of this world, sad to say with the short delay on the camera, getting good shots would take some doing, but did the best I could. Then Cuy pointed out to us dolphins frolicking in the distance and he drove us to them and that is when it all began about 8 dolphins, 2 grey whales playing and about 20 – 30 feet from our boat, it was one of those moments!!!!Then he asked if any one wanted to go into the water, you know me I was over the side in a flash and a whale breached about 15 feet from me, very sad to say no photo was taken, happened too fast but that memory will stay with me. I am so happy to share this with everyone it really brings everything into perspective to see these great creatures in their natural habitat and to be so close, words desert me. The other photos were of Bird Island, you have to look close to see the pelicans and the bicycle balloon machine on the beach, too funny, enjoy your day I am still walking about 2 feet off the ground, best wishes I have to go and pick up my brother from the airport and another segment of my journey begins…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...