Monday, February 26, 2007

Had a really great day today, started out by a group of friends going with us back to the thermal river hot springs as I wanted Malc to have his first massage. We sat around in the volcanic river for about 40 minutes moving slowly to different parts of the river for huge differences in temperatures, then the big moment for Malc…..as I had been before I knew that it would be a very tasteful and hopefully pleasant experience for him. The look of horror on his face when he lay on the massage table helpless, except for the towel…..I took a couple of pictures and left. The pictures of Malc are first in the river, then on the table, then the fighters pose with hands raised, were immediately after the massage (is that a smile on his face?) Then when we got home he was so drained he showered and slept like a baby on the bed !!!!!! He said it was a wonderful event and happy he had gone along!!!!In the evening a few couples in the complex held a farewell BBQ for us, which was lovely. One of the families in the units are Mexican, with a lovely 3 old girl, Lucia, her Dad is a professional singer and he graced us with singing a few of his own compositions. It was a very special night I am so indebted to these great people who are truly treasured friends. Well now the humble pie, not only did the old goat beat me at scrabble he managed a seven-letter word!!!!!!!!!!!!The only saving grace is of course that I lead the series 7 games to 2. Tomorrow our last day we have fishing in the morning followed by packing….take care everyone

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...