Friday, February 02, 2007

The apartment where I am staying is very near to the "barrio" the section of town where the local people live, I walk through this section, or bike through everyday and every one talks and says hi to me, I smile a lot speak back and have candy sometimes for the kids. It is a vibrant community, filled with very little material possessions but other qualities that more and make up for it. Today I discovered at the end of one of these dirt paths this church, there was a lot of things going on because today is the end of the Christmas celebrations, I asked and was given permission to take these photographs. This morning I was awoken at 5am by the sound of loud brass bands, singing and later learned that the local people were marching to the church to begin the festivities...nice way to start a day....


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...