Wednesday, January 17, 2007



Want to know how I spent my day???? Of course you do!!!!!! Up at 8am and went for a short run around the side streets here, watching everyone start their day, home and had a shower, then nice bowl of cereal and a cup of tea and read a newspaper.....It was market day in Melaque, the next little town about 2 miles away, so jumped on the local bus paid my 4 pesos and off to the market. Bought these wonderful strawberries, I would think about 4 pounds weight, the heinze bean can is show how many strawberries I had, cost for the strawberries, 50 pesos, decided after walking through the market to walk back home on the beach. My friends who have been down here for many years have shown me a local butcher in the barrio and his reputation is good, so went to his store, just a small very clean open onto the road room and bought 2 about 1" thick frozen pork chops and the 2 fresh boneless chicken breasts pictured above, they are huge, cost for these items, can you believe, 30 pesos!!!!Then went to the local small grocery store and bought some new baby potatoes, carrots, milk all for 48 pesos and then home. My total shopping expense plus bus fare 132 pesos about 14 dollars!!!!!!!!!Today was very hot, the hottest day yet and I checked the forcast and it was 92 degrees, that is hot....went to the beach for the afternoon and slept, read and swam about a half mile, the ocean was lovely....back to the apartment showered, turned on the BBQ and cooked the chicken and boiled the pots and carrots, now I am by no stretch of the imaginatio a great cook, but the meal was really good and the chicken best as ever i have tasted.....dishes done and now about 8.30pm and I am going to watch a movie Aviator, that my nephew got for me on the lap top, can you beat that day???

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...