Saturday, December 23, 2006




Well I arrived in Puerta Vallarta much quicker than I thought, I left Puerta Penasco at 8.30am Thursday morning and got here 5pm Friday evening, over 1700kms with no problems at all, although the last couple of hundred miles, was not toll roads and the road was twisty narrow and I was passed by quite a few crazy drivers, they pass on blind double yellow lines then cut you off, you have no choice but to slow down or stop otherwise they would ram you, no wonder there are so many highway shrines over here, so sad…….Slept in the van at the rear of a gas station, any problems you ask?? Just one I was awoken at 7.30a.m. by brilliant sunshine shining in my face!!!!!!!!!! Took just a couple of pictures whilst driving real slow(tsk,tsk) which little piggy is going to market?? And a road side canteena…..I am now really in the tropics and it is very warm and I PROMISE I shall not mention weather conditions again this year. Tomorrow is going to a day of full beach, walking, running, swimming, checking out the attractions(think what you may!!)….Three weeks into my retirement and what a journey so far, thanks for sharing with me….best wishes Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...